When you make the decision to make an interstate move, it is a huge undertaking for your family and yourself. As if the decision to move to another state is not already stressful, it comes with unique challenges that make the whole affair more challenging.
Choosing the services of a professional mover to help you with your interstate move out of Florida can save you from a lot of the stress. If you choose the right company, it can even end up saving you more money than managing the move by yourself would.
When you try to pull off the move by yourself, several unexpected problems can come your way. Not knowing the intricacies of how to handle everything properly while moving can make a stressful situation worse. However, it is just as important to choose the right interstate mover when moving out of state. You cannot choose any company that has a truck and is offering its services.
There are certain things you need to keep in mind when you're choosing the right interstate mover. Here are some of the most critical questions you need to ask when looking for the right interstate mover. If the company you are considering gives you the right answers, you should choose to work with them.
Are you properly licensed and insured?
The most critical question you should ask so you can avoid scams, rogue movers, or any potential losses due to damage to property. All professional interstate moving companies should have a license number issued by the United States Department of Transportation. They should provide you with their license number so you can use it to check any complaint history here.
What kind of liability does your company provide?
It’s not enough to know that the company has insurance. You need to know what kind of liability coverage they provide before you hand over your belongings. In case any accident occurs during the move, they should have several liability coverage options for you to choose from. Licensed interstate movers need to offer two types of liability coverage options:
Full Value Protection
The interstate mover is liable for the replacement value of lost or damaged goods in the entire shipment. It’s the most comprehensive plan available to protect your property.
Released Value Protection
This is the most economical option because there is no additional charge with released value protection. However, it provides you with the least coverage in case of an accident. If any mishap takes place, the mover will be liable to cover no more than 60 cents per pound for every article damaged.
Can you provide an exact price for the interstate move?
Moving out of state is already quite expensive with changing houses and all the assorted costs that come with it. You don't need the bill for your interstate move, leaving you an unwelcome surprise. Unfortunately, most moving companies offer non-binding estimates. It means the estimated price they provide is subject to change depending on actual costs. While there is a slight potential of upside, it usually ends up costing you more.
You should always prefer working with a company that gives you an exact rate without hidden costs. A binding estimate ensures that the cost of your move will not exceed the original estimate.
Benefits of Choosing Jensen Moving & Storage
At Jensen Moving & Storage, we take pride in being the Treasure Coast’s leading moving company for four decades. We’ve established a reputation for being one of the top moving companies in Florida. Additionally, we offer our services to people moving out of state.
Here are some of the advantages you are entitled to if you choose Jensen Moving & Storage for your move:
- Properly licensed and insured, we offer a reliable service that is free of any hidden costs. You can get a quote from us for our services to know the exact price of your move before you sign the contract.
- Jensen Moving & Storage is a flexible service. We adapt our service to accommodate your requirements. If there is a while until you can move to your new home, we can even offer to pick up your belongings and store them for you until you require them.
- While we offer our interstate mover services for people moving out of Florida, we can make exceptions and help people moving from any of the 48 states to Florida.
- Jensen Moving & Storage dispatches trucks for moves in 47 other states for a flat upfront fee - no hidden charges or extra fees. There are no additional charges for weight, mileage, driving time, or anything else.
- The best part about it all is that we follow a strict One Truck, One Customer policy. You don’t have to worry about your stuff getting mixed up with someone else’s during the move.
If you're planning on making an interstate move, whether from or to Florida (or any other state), give us a call (772) 334-5787 today and let us help you with your options!